New version of worldwide patent search engine Espacenet v5 is here with radical developments.
In addition to completely redesigned user interface you will notice lot of new features. Espacenet developers has improved lay-out, usability, ergonomics, navigation, and also the Espacenet logo.
In v5 you can find an export-to-Excel function, RSS feeds, query history and other new features.
Here is short overview about new and enhanced features.
1. Results list is completely redesigned - information about inventors, applicant, classification, pulbication and priority data is displayed side by side.
2. Sorting is also improved. You can sort your search results by date, inventor, applicant or patent classification.
3. Very convenient is exporting your search results directly to Excel.
4. Completely new feature is the opportunity to download cover pages of patent documents.
5. And same is the RSS feature. This is awesome! My favorite. You can now use RSS for any search query! Very powerful feature for patent watch to monitor new publications.
6. You can also see your query history. Also very important.
7. Settings tab allows you to enable or disable query history.
8. In search results you can also select your favorite documents and save them to your patents list.
9. In your patents list you can also sort and export selected documents.
10. In addition to cover page download feature you can use also bulk download of full patent documents.
Searching in Espacenet is now possible from the header on each page of European Patent Office website http://www.epo.org/. Better search features, better search quality.
What you think about the new Espacenet?